Updates and Reminders - Nov. 3, 2023
Another great week at Oak Ridge is in the books. Thank you to all the families who showed up to cheer on our Fall Parade. I am always so impressed and thankful for the tremendous support we receive from families. Thanks also to the parents who helped run the class socials, the kids had a great time. Here are a few additional updates and reminders:
- You may have heard your child talk about WIN time. We began WIN time at the beginning of October. WIN is part of the state driven Multi-Tiered System of Supports, which is a framework for student and school improvement. It is time built into the day used to provide support and enrichment. We have always had intervention blocks of time for each grade level, but this year we are expanding the scope of what is done. WIN stands for ‘What I Need.’ The idea is to give students what they need during the 25-30 min intervention block. We include specialists and special area teachers in supporting the time. As the program builds throughout this year, we hope to give more and more students small groups to work on improving their skills in language arts and math. I will give more updates as the year goes on, but wanted to clarify for families what the WIN block is and how we use it.
- There is no school for students on Tuesday, November 7th. It is Election Day and is an in-service day for the district.
- Next week Thursday, November 9th, our 4th grade will be on a field trip to Peace Valley Park. It’s a big week for 4th grade as they will also host another Pretzel Day next Friday and then will have a bake sale at Walmart on Saturday, November 11th from
- On Friday, November 10th, we will honor our Oak Ridge Family Veterans at our Owl Time Assembly. We are happy to host over twenty veterans for our assembly. If you have a Veteran in your family and have not yet signed up, please feel free to invite them to be honored by filling in the Veterans Day Assembly Form by Monday, November 6th.
- The 4th grade bake sale will be on Saturday, November 11th, from 10:00 am-2:00 pm.
- Monday, November 13th is Picture Retake Day.
- Conferences will be held on Monday, November 20th, Tuesday, November 21st and the morning of Wednesday, November 22nd. Invitations to sign up for conferences have gone out through your child’s teacher.
- Here is the latest episode of News From The Nest.
Thank you for your continued support!