Updates and Reminders - Dec. 8, 2023
We started the day off with a Fun Friday Oak Ridge School Bingo game. The kids seemed to enjoy the activity. Congratulations to H2, H8, G1 and G3 for winning their classroom owls in today’s Bingo game. Here are some additional updates and reminders:
- Next week the students will be taking the Education for the Future Survey that is part of the District’s comprehensive plan. These surveys help us plan for ways to try to make school a better place for the students. Parents will also receive a version of the survey focused on your experience with Oak Ridge. We appreciate your participation in the survey as it helps us know the things that are going well and the areas we need to improve. Last year we had over 150 families participate, and our goal this year is to surpass 200 families participating. Feel free to reach out to me or your child’s teacher if you have any questions about the survey. Thank you for your support!
- Home and School is hosting their annual Stocking Giving program to support families in need this holiday season. If you are interested in participating, you can use this sign-up genius link to sign up. All donations should be submitted by Thursday, December 14th. If you have any questions, you can reach out to Mrs. Beebe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Progress Reports will go live for parents on Monday, December 11th at 7:00pm. Please note this is not correct on our December calendar.
- A reminder that the Home and School meeting for December has been cancelled and the January meeting is moving to Tuesday, January 9th.
- A reminder that this year’s Winter Concert will be held at Indian Valley Middle School on Tuesday, December 19th at 7:00 pm.
- Home and School is selling various sized bouquets for the concert. Information can be found in last week’s News in a Nutshell. All bouquet orders are due today.
- Wednesday, December 20th will be our annual Polar Express Pajama day, and Friday, December 22nd will be our Holiday Sing Along and Winter Socials.
- Here is the latest episode of News From The Nest.
Happy Hanukkah to all those celebrating the holiday!