Updates and Reminders - Oct. 20, 2023
We had a fantastic Owl Time assembly today led by our Wise Owls and fourth grade. We learned about animals and our Character Counts Traits. Thank you for all the support with our Character Counts week, so many students participated each day. Here are a few additional updates and reminders:
- On Monday, October 23rd, we will have a Pink Out for Cancer awareness.
- On Tuesday, October 24th, our fourth grade is sponsoring a Taco Tuesday Fundraiser for their Harrisburg field trip. If you would like to support our fourth grade and have a night off from cooking, you can order using this Moe's Family Taco Kit Order Form. You will be able to pick up your food at Oak Ridge between 5:00-5:30pm on Tuesday. Orders are due by Monday, October 23rd at 1:00pm.
- Conferences will be scheduled from November 20th to November 22nd. You should receive an invite to schedule your child’s conferences by the end of next week. Conferences can be done in person or online through Teams.
- The Fall Parade and Socials will take place on Tuesday, October 31st. This year’s parade will begin around 1:40. Families are welcome to join us to view the parade if the weather permits an outdoor parade. We have families stand on the grass that surrounds the main playground area. Students will parade around the track several times for photos. Following the parade, parents who are signed up to help with the parties will report to their child’s homeroom. Finally, just a friendly reminder that as you are preparing costumes for your child, please remember that there are no weapons or look alike weapons allowed for costumes (or anytime throughout the year). Thanks for understanding.
- On Friday, November 10th, we will honor our Oak Ridge Family Veterans at our Owl Time Assembly. If you have a Veteran in your family please feel free to invite them to be honored by filling in the Veterans Day Assembly RSVP Form.
- Here is the latest episode of News From The Nest.
Thank you for your continued support!